[TYPO3-english] Renaming the typo3/ directory ... problems abound

Christoph Stadler christophe at stadler.com
Mon Dec 27 22:51:10 CET 2010

yes, of course it's a stupid idea to mess with hardcoded paths :)

it's more of an exercise really, trying to see how typo3 can be
customised ... since i came across this in the typo3 documentation where
it is explained as not being such a comicated issue i thought i'd give
it a try

this is also usually one of the first questions students and clients ask
when they start using or developing with typo3: "why /typo3 ... can i
change it to /xyz" ... so having a bit of time over the holidays i
wanted to finally get to the bottom of it :)