[TYPO3-english] Problem with processdatamap

Dawid Pacholczyk dpacholczyk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 12:50:33 CET 2010

Hello List,
 I would like to use system hook to do some actions while updating some
records. I will use tt_news as a example.

I would like to to add some data (title, keywords) in diffrent table while
updating BUT i don`t want to update this data in original table.

So I have table tt_news and table tx_myext_metainfo

tx_myext_metainfo has 2 fields (title, keywords).

Now when I update already created record I would like to save them in
tx_myext_metainfo BUT data in table tt_news shouldn`t be updated. Is it
possible ? How can I achive that ?

My class that uses hook is similar to this from Robert`s example:
http://typo3.org/development/articles/how-to-use-existing-hooks/page/3/

Best regards,
Dawid "Fixus" Pacholczyk

--