[TYPO3-english] realurl: UseUniqueCache question

Andy Pattynama andy.pattynama at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:54:54 CET 2010

Hi there,

I'm using RealURL on a website with around 20'000 imported news articles,
some of them are archived, etc. We are using the realurl_conf
UseUniqueCache=1 setting.

Now to my question: To get all those 20'000 articles working with correct
URLs, they first need to be generated through the typolink-function. If
there is no entry in the tx_realurl_uniqalias table, realurl  can't match a
correct URL to the article and it would generate a 404
if enable404forInvalidAlias is enabled, is this assumption correct?

Thanks for any clarification.

Best regards,
Andy