[TYPO3-english] debugging to file

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Aug 29 19:21:54 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Lina Wolf <liste at linawolf.de>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 29. August 2010 18:47:08
An:         typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] debugging to file

Hi Lina,

> I meant
> 1) I dont want other people to see debugging output on a life-system.
> Because that looks like a broken site

The functional part doesn't respect user-rights, so it's your part to
include a condition when debugging is shown:

For general each Backend-User you can Debug like this:
	if ($GLOBALS['BE_USER']->id) {
		t3lib_div->debug($myVar,'$myVar');
	}
The Inquiry you can adjust to your requirements if you like to show it
only to one of many BE-Users.

> 2) Debug might contain information that is security relevant like server
> parts, database details or the such

OK, like above it's you job to limitate output to allowed persons only.

> So nothing to fix, but nothing you want on a life-system...

Not quite correct, I'll include the limitation to BE-Users by default.
For some special cases it will be possible to remove that limitation.

Furthermore you can set limitations by IP and more i.e. referrer,
top-frame, etc.

> view_array i didnt know yet. It probally doesnt work on classes like
> debug does?

For Frontend-Output you can use t3lib_div::view_array like
t3lib_div::debug, the only difference should be that you don't get a
table-header.

For further adjustments have a look at
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11680 . It's still not perfect and
many things will change but if you like to change the Core in your
installation for development you can take some code here.
If you like I can seend more code, because the Debug-Console in BE still
wasn't integrated as I wrote that code.

Best Regards,
David