[TYPO3-english] Tagpack extension: multilanguage tags

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Aug 23 20:04:22 CEST 2010

> is the Tag Pack extension able to handle multilanguage tags? I mean:
> make the BE editors able to define different tags according to the
> available page translations, and display only the tags in the current
> language when using the FE plugin.
> The  tx_tagpack_tags_relations_mm includes a field named
> sys_language_uid, which suggests the above might be possible.
> However, the "Tags" tab is only available in the "Page properties" of
> the BE for the default language, not the other ones.
> What am I missing?

The problem with pages is, that they are using an overlay table to get translated records.
You have to make the overlay table taggable as well, but this would not include the FE tagcloud out of the box, so I'm not quite sure this would be working.
Any other translated record would be working, since they are usually done within the same table.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de