[TYPO3-english] Preserve spaces in wrap

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Mon Aug 16 18:20:37 CEST 2010

Hi, List.

As documentation says: even though there are spaces between the wrap-parts
and the divider ("|"), each wrap part is trimmed.
Is there any way to preserve a spaces?

We have such structure for fetching css class-name, that is stored in a
'Page'.
lib.main_menu.1 {
  NO.ATagParams.cObject = TEXT
  NO.ATagParams.wrap = class="|"
  NO.ATagParams.cObject {
    field = tx_classified_css
    split {
      token = |
      returnKey = 0
    }
}
Everything is okay until I need to use ACT statement, which needs an
additional class-name 'active' to be added.
If I use such declaration:
lib.main_menu.1.ACT.ATagParams.wrap = class="| active"
I'm getting <a href="<url>" class="cat-1active", because whitespaces are
removed.
Tried to add &nbsp; - but it didn't help.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.