[TYPO3-english] multi level picture extension?

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Wed Aug 11 02:41:29 CEST 2010

Am 2010-08-11 01:44, schrieb Styrmir Magnússon:

> Is there a way to go deeper with those extensions or are there other
> extensions that I have missed?

Some years ago I created a gallery extension called kb_yag:
Yet-another-gallery

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/t3x/T3X_kb_yag-0_0_0-z-201008110236.t3x

You can try this one if you like. It comes with a simple default
template in the extensions res/ folder. Read the file README.txt on how
to get the Gallery Manager module working: you have to add two lines of
TypoScript.

The extension features no limit on directory depth, you can also set
metadata (title, description, thumbnail etc) for each image and directory.

One big advantage of the extension compared to others is that you can
move around the images in the fileadmin without loosing the metadata.
The image is connected to the metadata records by making a hash-sum of
the first 200 KB of each image :)

For information on how to configure the wrapping, image generation, etc.
have a look at ext_typoscript_setup.txt and ext_typoscript_constants.txt
... almost every aspect of image generation process is configurable via
TypoScript.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me via
email. I do not read the newsgroup/mailinglist on a regular basis.

greetings,
Bernhard