[TYPO3-english] Strange characters at the beginning of page after upgrade

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Aug 9 17:46:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

You have a BOM marker at the beginning of these files. I don't know
where they come from (which template) but this is usually related to
editing an UTF8 file with an editor that adds this marker at the
beginning of the file upon saving it. Editors usually skip this marker
that only informs that file is in UTF8 format. However having it makes
it appear on any web output. To remove it, either choose the option not
to include this marker in the file or use a _very_ basic text editor
(best command-line) to remove it manually.

HTH
Xavier Perseguers