[TYPO3-english] CoolURI and cache

Pero Matic pero at matic.com
Sat Apr 24 16:48:21 CEST 2010

Pero Matic wrote:
> Jan Bednarik wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Hi. When i delete some page and create new with the same title, link
>>> in the CoolURI cache still points to the old, non existing page. Is
>>> there a way to clear this automaticly? Thx!
>>
>> no. Just don't do it :).
>>
>> Well, I suppose it could be possible to add some listener to page
>> deletion, if it's possible at all. Frankly, I don't know and I
>> haven't looked for such possiblity. If you knew about it, let me
>> know.
>
> :-( So, this means i have to explain all my BE users (and there are
> many of them) how to use CoolUri interface to delete cached pages if
> they delete page/news? This will be tricky, they had big problems
> with cleaning ordinary Typo3 cache.

Btw. Jan when you have 2 or more pages with a same page title which one will
show up? Is it possible to configure CoolUri so that the newest one (newest
link in CoolUri) appears? This could solve the problem easily. In fact my
logic would be - if there is a page with a same link/title in the cache
overwrite that link with a new one. For example:

foobar ->  index.php?id=51 (created 21.4.2010)
foobar ->  index.php?id=62 (created 18.4.2010)

then only foobar -> index.php?id=51 should be in CoolUri cache? What do u
think of this? Thx!