[TYPO3-english] CoolURI and cache

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sun Apr 25 18:19:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

>> :-( So, this means i have to explain all my BE users (and there are
>> many of them) how to use CoolUri interface to delete cached pages if
>> they delete page/news? This will be tricky, they had big problems
>> with cleaning ordinary Typo3 cache.

well, the CoolUri cache should renew based on the setup:

<params2cool>
       <!-- how often (in days) should be links updated (Typo3 cache
needs to be cleared) -->
       <checkforchangeevery>1</checkforchangeevery>
     </params2cool>

> Btw. Jan when you have 2 or more pages with a same page title which one will
> show up? Is it possible to configure CoolUri so that the newest one (newest
> link in CoolUri) appears? This could solve the problem easily. In fact my

I guess so. There's a SQL query that selects the page and it's without
any order, which can be added.

> logic would be - if there is a page with a same link/title in the cache
> overwrite that link with a new one. For example:

Sounds good. Could you issue a bug in the bugtracker?

Thanks

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech