[TYPO3-english] Backend: First login attempt fails every time (PHPSESSID related?)

Christian Essl essl at incert.at
Tue Apr 6 16:42:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

Since the update to 4.3, my first attempt to log into the backend fails every. Regardless of wether the input is correct or incorrect. After that the second login attempt works smoothly.

I checked the Cookies and recognized, that in the first attempt, TYPO3 sets only this Cookie:
be_typo_user = 'value'

Only when I reload the login page (for instance the first login attempt failed and I am redirected to the same page), the PHPSESSID-Cookie appears:
PHPSESSID = 'value'

I don't know why TYPO3 needs the PHPSESSID to log into the backend, but when I manually delete this Cookie, I can see, that the Login fails again. So I assume, this Cookie is mandatory for logging into the backend.

But why does this PHPSESSID-Cookie not appear at the first login-attempt? It's pretty annoying to have to type in the login data twice every time.

Some informations about the configuration:
- This problem occurs both in domains with multiple installs (subdirectories) and single installs which are lying in the root of their top-level-domain.
- The CookieDomain-Propery is NOT set.
- There are several older TYPO3-Installations lying on the same server which do not have this problem.
- Some Cookie-Setting from the php.ini (Everything should be set normally):

session.cookie_domain: no value no value
session.cookie_httponly: On On
session.cookie_lifetime: 0 0
session.cookie_path: /projects/subfolder/
session.cookie_secure: off

Any help would be appreciated!

-Christian