[TYPO3-english] code-junk in scriptmerger compressed scripts

Marcel Remmy marcel.remmy at fh-kl.de
Thu Apr 1 11:39:52 CEST 2010

hi there,

just setting up a small 4.4a2 test-system that uses ext:scriptmerger as
css+js merger+compressor. problem is, that the extension itselfs works
great as long as compress = 0 is set. so merging works.

now, if i set compress = 1 to even further save bandwith, the file
changes from .css to .gz.css which is okay, but the content is not readable.

the apache httpd (2.2) running on ubuntu-server has the necessary mods
loaded, like deflate, headers, expires and so on.

i also pasted the example.htaccess content to my ordinary .htaccess and
for purposes of exasperation again in
typo3temp/scriptmerger/compressed/.htaccess but the result keeps always
the same:

1fT´éø“²&õÎG®r+2[áÙ©ª7˜oÙb¤lÙ„³F,¢–.ӧϩ쓾ڕÅ<kÄ*‡Ëh;±5æK²Ë”‘
aÞÍÒ.o©¨ƒŽóÒ(Ô;á
kT
Iô·h——Ÿ4òÔ®ø¹~»½
ª-ßÕ¸è.žÏ²Ÿòƒ"L0µÆôM÷;±¦TÅ°uõz˜¨â²¬žò&W5ø¾ÛÕ­«®ôXØV¥nø}Õ‰Y)zÍêfØWx²ör¯žÏ¥gÒ.÷v˜šå›²~Œ
NbS²
Ë  ík
°ÎòßÈÿ>æÿ$CÿZi?q¶›ÍŽÁÕç×Fãµµï °cS÷åÀ

this is part of the content of those files in compressed/*.gz.css - for
now this could be okay (due to compression) but the requesting client
also shows this type of code. i checked the response headers:

Accept-Ranges:bytes
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:4266