[TYPO3-english] Ext: formhandler - problems inserting a form using typoscript

Peter Gallagher pgallagher at electricretina.com
Thu Oct 29 04:50:49 CET 2009

I have a site that I want to put a contact form into the footer of each
page. I have created the formhandler template and TS predef setup TS. I
have inserted the plugin on a hidden page and then using TS I have added
to the footer of all the pages.

The problem is that the form doesn't get processed when the user submits
the form. In debug mode there are not GET/POST or session vars set.

TS setup:
plugin.Tx_Formhandler.settings.predef.contact {
   name = Contact Form
   debug = 1
   addErrorAnchors = 0

   templateFile = fileadmin/templates/miinsters/contact_frm_tmpl.html
   langFile = fileadmin/templates/miinsters/lang.xml
   #formValuesPrefix = adoption

   validators.1.class = Tx_Formhandler_Validator_Default
   validators.1.config {
     name {
       errorCheck.1 = required
      }
      email {
       errorCheck.1 = required
       errorCheck.2 = email
    }
   }
   #finishers.2.class = Tx_Formhandler_Finisher_Redirect
   #finishers.2.config.redirectPage = 299
   finishers.1.class = Tx_Formhandler_Finisher_Mail
   finishers.1.config {
      admin {
       to_email = office at electricretina.com
       to_name = Miinsters Canada
       subject = Adoption Registration
       sender_email = email
       sender_name = name
       replyto_email = email
       replyto_name = name
       htmlEmailAsAttachment = 1
      }
     user {
     to_email = email
     to_name = name
     subject = Your Miinster Adoption Registration
     sender_email = info at miinsters.com
     sender_name = Miinsters Canada
     replyto_email = info at miinsters.com
     replyto_name = TEXT
     replyto_name.value = Miinsters Canada
     htmlEmailAsAttachment = 1
     }
   }
   finishers.2.class = Tx_Formhandler_Confirmation
   finishers.2.config{
     returns = 0
   }
}

TS to insert on all pages:

lib.bottomTS.10 = RECORDS
lib.bottomTS.10.tables = tt_content
lib.bottomTS.10.source = 463

It would seem that this should be possible, but I don't know what else
to try in order to get this work.

Any Suggestions?

Peter Gallagher