[TYPO3-english] Alpha transparent PNG with GIFBUILDER and masks

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) rgn at windinternet.nl
Mon Oct 26 16:19:09 CET 2009

Hello,

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> Peter Niederlag wrote:
>> It would be a really cool feature to add this somehow to the GIFBUILDER
>> and very much welcomed if you make it public.
>
> I'll see what I can do. I'll probably have time for it this weekend.

I've spend some time this weekend experimenting with this. I did get it
to work with a very dirty hack, which broke other things. But then I
noticed the files that were produced were more than 1Mb (980x187px),
which is way too big for my uses. This isn't a problem with optimizing
the image either, since the same image saved in Photoshop is about
800Kb, which is still too big. So I've abandoned this solution and
changed the design so I don't need alpha transparent PNGs anymore.

Regards,

Rudy