[TYPO3-english] tt_news links - why?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Oct 24 08:55:49 CEST 2009

La Farge Douglas wrote:
> Why is typo3 converting embedded links (using the RTE) from this (in the
> Text input window):
>
> <a title="Opens internal link in current window" class="internal-link"
> href="http://my.site.com/?id=2">Fry</a>
> To this (as source of the web page):
>  <link 2 - internal-link "Opens internal link in current window">Fry</link>

The <link> tag is the internal (database) representation of a link. The
whole story is complicated [1].

Normally an extension lets the core convert this to the HTML you expect.
It almost looks like the configuration of tt_news is a bit broken in
your installation. If you start the template module (Web > Template) and
select a page in the pagetree where your news item is displayed,
followed by selecting the "Typoscript Object Browser" in the dropdown
menu you can see the combined Typoscript configuration.

If I had to guess I'd say that
plugin.tt_news.general_stdWrap.parseFunc = < lib.parseFunc_RTE
is missing.

There could also be something changed to the normal configuration of
lib.parseFunc_RTE.tags.link and its sub-items.

If you hove the mouse pointer over a property name you'll see a tooltip
telling you where the value is defined (even multiple locations) like:
Defined in "EXT:css_styled_content/static/", 124
Defined in "EXT:tt_news/static/ts_news", 2021

I assume that you setup tt_news according to the manual [2].

[1]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/5/2/
[2]
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.0/view/1/3/#id2925924