[TYPO3-english] translation of menu titles

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Wed Oct 21 13:23:26 CEST 2009

"Simon Child" <simon at srchild.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1256120526.21841.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...

> "Bernhard Kraft" <kraftb at kraftb.at> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1.1256120281.21438.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
>
>> It would be interesting if you upgraded to 4.3. Because if you are
>> having a blank install, and this error occurs, this would have to get
>> fixed as it is a bug! They obviously removed "author" and "author_email"
>> from pages_language_overlay in 4.3.

> Will tinker and report back, thanks for the pointers

Curiouser and curiouser!

No SQL errors (unless I provoke one by adding an erroneous field to the
list, just to check that debug is properly activated).

No better whether I remove author/author_email or add them back.

However, more precision in the problem is now apparent.

I hadn't noticed before, but have noticed now (have added some more
translations), that menu titles are translated if the current page has a
translated title/nav_title. But no menu titles are translated if the current
page has only an English title/nav_title.

This has the effect that a German visitor, who selects the German language,
see German titles for most pages, but if they visit a page without a
translation then the whole menu changes to English, even for those pages
which have German titles/nav_titles and German content. This cannot be
correct.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Simon Child