[TYPO3-english] hmenu: special directory - is it possible to show the parent page in the menu as well?!

Daniel Rutzen ardan at gmx.net
Thu Oct 1 13:18:49 CEST 2009

THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO DO:

I have a horizontal MAINMENU  main A | main B | main C

I have a vertical SECONDMENU ("leftmenu") on the left, which shows the
title of the current main item, and below it displays the subpages of
the current main-page.

If "main A" was the current site, the LEFTMENU would show:

 >>main A  (which is also a link to 'main A' again)
- subpage A1
- subpage A2
- subpage A3

If "main B" was the current site, the LEFTMENU would show:

 >>main B  (which is also a link to 'main B' again)
- subpage B1
- subpage B2
- subpage B3

LEFTMENU's html output must be like this:

<ul id="leftmenu">

  <ul>
  </ul>
  </li>

</ul><!-- end leftmenu -->

To This point, it all works!!! that's not the issue.

Here's the kicker:

On Page "Main A" I want the leftmenu to display the pages
corresponding to page "Main B".

So, "Main A" must show in the leftmenu

 >>main B  (which is also a link to the same page)
- subpage B1
- subpage B2
- subpage B3