[TYPO3-english] tt_news - what am I missing

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Thu Oct 1 01:22:21 CEST 2009

(besides the left side of my brain?!?)

4.2.8 install on two different sites.

tt_news 2.5.2

For the Pagecontent Container (news)
Plugin->Template area

One has the "Template file reference"

which if you can answer this question you realize you to point the ref
straight to your template file.

The other install has the old "Template file"  box

where when you select the template it makes a copy of it (making you
do extra work to update said template in the system).

I compared extension settings.  Why did the latter revert back to what
I thought was the old way of selecting a template.

In fact, I have 10 other typo3 sites all working the same as the
former example.

maybe it's my right brain that's missing - who knows?

thanks in advance for any help offered...
doug

Doug La Farge
GCN Publishing, Inc.
203.665.6211 x209
Internet Software & Services For Today's Media Companies
www.gcnpublishing.com * www.bg2go.com