[TYPO3-english] Hide a field in the backend without affecting default settings

Jochem Nabuurs | ROQUIN E-Solutions jochem at roquin.nl
Mon Nov 30 11:04:14 CET 2009

Hello List,

The problem I have consists of the following:

I've created a usergroup (editors) which are allowed to edit all pages.
They should also be able to create FE users.
For this I've created the following pagestructure (sysfolders) which contain
the users.

+ City
     + City name 1
     + City name 2
     + City name 3
     + City name 4

Upon creation, a usergroup is assigned to the user, depending on the
sysfolder in which it is located.
This is done by adding *TCAdefaults.tt_news.category = <usergroupid> *to the
sysfolders page TSconfig.
A user is not allowed to have more than one usergroup assigned.