[TYPO3-english] Conditional news display by Typoscript

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Nov 12 14:07:02 CET 2009

>> So the "red div" is in your Template?
>> You should remove it and use a TS wrap instead:
>>
>> tmp.brknews = COA
>> tmp.brknews {
>>     stdWrap.wrap = <div id="breakingnews">|</div>
>>     stdWrap.required = 1
>>     10 < plugin.tt_news
>>     10 {
>>         # your code here
>>     }
>> }
>>
>> The required switch will empty the COA when there is no content in
>> 10.
>>
>> IMHO the rest can stay as is
>
> I've done the above instructions, But the "red div" is still remains
> when there is not any news in the source page (4). Would you please
> check is it correct ?

The TS code is correct, but as I said this only works when there is no
content at all in 10.
So if the div is still there this can have 3 reasons:
1. plugin.tt_news is not completely empty
2. You forgot to remove the div in the HTML template
3. You forgot to clear the cache so the output is the same as before

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de