[TYPO3-english] Conditional news display by Typoscript

Ahmed Moosavi r.mesbah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 14:17:06 CET 2009

JoH asenau wrote:
>>> So the "red div" is in your Template?
>>> You should remove it and use a TS wrap instead:
>>>
>>> tmp.brknews = COA
>>> tmp.brknews {
>>>     stdWrap.wrap = <div id="breakingnews">|</div>
>>>     stdWrap.required = 1
>>>     10 < plugin.tt_news
>>>     10 {
>>>         # your code here
>>>     }
>>> }
>>>
>>> The required switch will empty the COA when there is no content in
>>> 10.
>>>
>>> IMHO the rest can stay as is
>> I've done the above instructions, But the "red div" is still remains
>> when there is not any news in the source page (4). Would you please
>> check is it correct ?
>
> The TS code is correct, but as I said this only works when there is no
> content at all in 10.
> So if the div is still there this can have 3 reasons:
> 1. plugin.tt_news is not completely empty
> 2. You forgot to remove the div in the HTML template
> 3. You forgot to clear the cache so the output is the same as before
>
> HTH
>
> Joey

Excuse me for taking your time, But none of these, still doesn't work.
The code I've introduced to 10 points to a completely new page with no
any record.The cache is cleaned and the ticker works by changing the
pages and the html template is also has not any breakingnews div. Should
I delete or do something with this new page ?

Regards