[TYPO3-english] Typo3 backup

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Fri Nov 6 11:47:07 CET 2009

Erik Svendsen wrote:
> [...]
>
> Why install an extension for something that you can script outside TYPO3
>  in a few minutes and where mostly all necessary code is already written.
>
> The use of extra extensions has impact on performance.
>
> Personally I'm backing up about 30 installations from 6 different
> servers on daily basis to a backup-server. The whole process is 100 %
> automatic.

Does it needs console access to the server running TYPO3?
Does it work for windows servers?

If any of those answers is "no" I would be really interested in this
solution. Even if it's just the theoretical stuff, as I'm currently
can't get my head around how this should be possible without console...

cheers