[TYPO3-english] simple cookie based security

janus76 janus76uk at gmail.com
Fri May 22 17:44:55 CEST 2009

I have a typo3 site where the content is actually displayed within an Iframe
of another site. To stop the typo3 site being viewed directly i have put a
simple cookie based security feature in place.

The iframe points to a php file which sets a cookie and then redirects to
the typo3 site. There is a rewite condition in the .htaccess file of the
typo3 site which detects the cookie and then displays the site. if the
cookie is not found it redirect the user to an error page.

Its a simple method to provide a simple form of content security without the
need for an additional login.

This process works fine and is perfectly ok for our needs. However, whenever
a menu item is clicked (within the iframe) it once again check the cookie
etc. This seems to slow the page load time down.

Is there a way within typo3 to create some kind of check which only does
this once? i.e some kind of globalvar? Or is there an extension that does
this.

I'm sure some fancy typoscript could sort this out, but I am just not too
sure where to being.

I hope this make sense.

Any help with this would be most appreciated.

All the best

Janus