[TYPO3-english] Video sharing project. Anyone interested?

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Tue May 12 12:11:42 CEST 2009

Hi Morten,

>> we implemented a video community with video upload and video conversion
>> from almost any video formats to flv (it is based on a remote conversion
>> service called via REST). Videos can be commented and rated (based on
>> comments and rating extensions).
>>

> Sounds great! Is this project live and can we see it?

it was live... It was a contest that finished a few months ago and now
the site has been removed. Sorry :-(

>> The implementation is based on a new DAM-based extension that we are
>> going to release the next week (I hope).
>>

> One question: How do you categorize and distribute the videos in an
> ordered manner across the site? I am thinking lists based on categories,
> time, rating etc.

While uploading a new video it was possibile to select a category
(funny, people, ecc.) that is based on DAM categories. It was also
possible to order videos based on upload time, rating, comments number,
number of views and (obviously) title.

>> We are very interested in integrating a conversion tool like imagemagick,
>> maybe we can collaborate for that.
>>

> It seems that ffmpeg is the best option. I could support integration if
> the rest of the project meet my needs. But I actually like the idea with
> a remote conversion service. I guess that a lot of servers do not
> support ffmpeg. Maybe the solution could support both?

Yes, the solution could support both systems. It would be very nice to
integrate ffmpeg as an extension that can be installed if needed (also
the remote conversion service has been integrated as an extension).

If you are interested in this project and/or in sponsoring this
development we can provide you a demo site where you can take a look to
the extension.

Regards,

---
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  http://www.webformat.com