[TYPO3-english] Video sharing project. Anyone interested?

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:07:23 CEST 2009

> we implemented a video community with video upload and video conversion
> from almost any video formats to flv (it is based on a remote conversion
> service called via REST). Videos can be commented and rated (based on
> comments and rating extensions).

Sounds great! Is this project live and can we see it?

> The implementation is based on a new DAM-based extension that we are
> going to release the next week (I hope).

One question: How do you categorize and distribute the videos in an
ordered manner across the site? I am thinking lists based on categories,
time, rating etc.

> We are very interested in integrating a conversion tool like imagemagick,
> maybe we can collaborate for that.

It seems that ffmpeg is the best option. I could support integration if
the rest of the project meet my needs. But I actually like the idea with
a remote conversion service. I guess that a lot of servers do not
support ffmpeg. Maybe the solution could support both?

Thanks for the input!
/Morten