[TYPO3-english] Class or modern icon set with mm_forum?

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sat May 9 16:36:07 CEST 2009

On May 9, 2009, at 8:15 AM, David Bruchmann wrote:

>>> Hy Ries,
>>>
>>> browse the constant-editor for "PLUGIN.MM_FORUM - FILE PATHS", there
>>> you
>>> can change the directory for images.
>>>
>>> Furthermore you can set the path for each single image in
>>> "TypoScript
>>> Object Browser" => plugin.tx_mmforum_pi1.topicIcon.file.[1-40].file.
>>>
>>> In plugin.tx_mmforum_pi1.images you can set a lot of imagenames, to
>>> change the default names which should be fetched from the configured
>>> image-folder.
>>>
>>> Look for your version of mm_forum, current version is 0.1.7.
>>> I had to download this version manually form TER because the
>>> extension-manager didn't found the actual version.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> David
>>

>> hey David,
>>
>> I will some more checking... I triple checked the directory paths to
>> the images
>> folder (I moved the res directory over to fileadmin).
>>
>> When switch to classic mode all my images show up, when I use modern
>> then it's nothing, just the white blocks. I did found one bug in the
>> pi1 extension
>> in regards to this, but I did see in SVN that problem was already
>> solved.
>>
>> I know about the extension manager often gives the wrong version
>> number (happens
>> often right after installation) and I know for sure I have 0.1.7
>> installed.
>>
>> I think I will do some constructive debugging on my dev system :(
>> I have seen numerous other people with this problem to, so I am nto
>> alone :)
>>

>> 			regards, Ries van Twisk
>>

> Hy Ries,
>
> I remarked an obscurance that might concern your problem too:
>
> in constant-editor or in mm_manager you can set an own template-set.
> This is a copie of the folder ext/mm_forum/res/template and saved in
> fileadmin/ext/mm_forum/[TEMPLATE_NAME]
>
> I changed the CSS there through mm_manager but didn't suceed because
> the
> template is searched for in folder ext/mm_forum/res/template too.
> So I copied the content of folder to ext/mm_forum/res/template.
> Afterwards my CSS was found.
> It's buggy to have the same folder two times in different places but
> it
> works.
>
> Perhaps it works for the pics too.
>
> Best Regards
> David

David,

I found this link : http://www.typo3.net/forum/list/list_post//87442/?page=1#pid325790

The problem was apparently that the topicIcons where not rendered
transparent,
but has a white block. It might be that the authors website has a
white background?

Now the modern icons appear properly, I just don't have any idea
why a small icon needs to be rendered on a 32x32 pixel block

         topicIcon = IMAGE
         topicIcon {
             file = GIFBUILDER
             file {
                 XY = 32,32

I think I just expected with the 'modern' look something amazing to
happen :D hehehehe

So apart from the small bug in the pi1 file that is already solved in
SVN I think it works as 'expected',
it just might not be something that I expected something else...

			regards, Ries van Twisk

Ries van Twisk
tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl
web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk