[TYPO3-english] globalVar Condition problem

Walrick lists at globalhealingcircle.net
Wed May 6 13:12:16 CEST 2009

Peter Russ wrote:
> By the way: if you check for -2 as mentioned, ANY logged user will be
> able to see ;-)
> And a check for -2 AND 1 doesn't make sense as if a user is member of
> usergroup 1 he will also be member of -2 (any logged user)!
> So think about what you want to check!

The condition doesn't check whether the a user is a member of -2 (that
doesn't exist)

What it does is check whether the current PAGE has an fe_group value of
-2. The check is not meant to render content depending on the user's
status but depending on the page's access setting. Basically it tells a
member whether a page is members-only or not.

The condition I posted is working on an active site.

It just doesn't work if someone sets pageaccess to 1,2 (or 2,1) instead
of using -2.

And that's what I'm trying to get solved.

> Perhaps a userfunction in condition could give you what you want in just
> few lines ;-)

I'm sure it does, but I'm not a programmer, so wouldn't know what
function to write.

--
webmaster Global Healing Circle
www.globalhealingcircle.net