[TYPO3-english] t3blog and templavoila

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 03:49:08 CEST 2009

Hi Ries,

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> wrote:
> hey All,
>
> Is T3blog and templavoila a valid blogging combination?
>
> I added the extension though insert plugin to my template,
> but simply nothing happens I added main, functionalities and template
> as static template.
>
> When I add blog2page then my whole page.10 get's overwritten and
> I end up with nothing but a website that doesn't even look close what
> I am using.. It just print some tuff though...
>
> Currently I need to wring my self through hoops, gates and closed
> doors ( I need to open)
> to get this to work.
>
> The authors says that the TS isn't so hard, but wading through 1200
> lines for just blogRoll isn't what I call fun.
>
> As it looks like this extension is really nice,
> but doesn't use some of the very cool TYPO3 standard to get this
> to work in the usually way wish is usually insert plugin, select
> plugin functions and voila... off you go.
>
> I am I wrong or right?

I can confirm this. Supposedly (according to the manual), it should be
possible to insert content elements in the usual way, but nothing
happens. Even using the non-TV templating method, it's not
particularly easy to set the blog up. I found it almost impossible to
set it up with any markup other than the default.

Seems to me that T3blog is a really nice idea (especially the BE
module and the IRRE method!), but that it's not really finished. In my
opinion, it's not usable in production unless you want your blog to
look just the snowflake one.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/