[TYPO3-english] t3blog and templavoila

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun May 3 04:26:35 CEST 2009

On May 2, 2009, at 8:49 PM, Christopher Torgalson wrote:

> Hi Ries,
>
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Ries van Twisk <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl>
> wrote:
>> hey All,
>>
>> Is T3blog and templavoila a valid blogging combination?
>>
>> I added the extension though insert plugin to my template,
>> but simply nothing happens I added main, functionalities and template
>> as static template.
>>
>> When I add blog2page then my whole page.10 get's overwritten and
>> I end up with nothing but a website that doesn't even look close what
>> I am using.. It just print some tuff though...
>>
>> Currently I need to wring my self through hoops, gates and closed
>> doors ( I need to open)
>> to get this to work.
>>
>> The authors says that the TS isn't so hard, but wading through 1200
>> lines for just blogRoll isn't what I call fun.
>>
>> As it looks like this extension is really nice,
>> but doesn't use some of the very cool TYPO3 standard to get this
>> to work in the usually way wish is usually insert plugin, select
>> plugin functions and voila... off you go.
>>
>> I am I wrong or right?
>

> I can confirm this. Supposedly (according to the manual), it should be
> possible to insert content elements in the usual way, but nothing
> happens. Even using the non-TV templating method, it's not
> particularly easy to set the blog up. I found it almost impossible to
> set it up with any markup other than the default.
>
> Seems to me that T3blog is a really nice idea (especially the BE
> module and the IRRE method!), but that it's not really finished. In my
> opinion, it's not usable in production unless you want your blog to
> look just the snowflake one.

hey Christopher,

that's about my conclusion aswell. In the BE it really looks nice
But it simply doesn't follow the TYPO3 standard very well for installing
this as a FE extension (insert plugin, config and ready...)

If the snowflake guys can chime in it would be great, but for now
I will try something else first before I try to kill myself making
this work.

I also tried this : http://www.thomaskieslich.net/de/blog/t3post/2009/03/24/interessante-infos-zum-t3blog.html
(My german is gans mal) but also that didn't juice op the site

Ries