[TYPO3-english] Share news in a multisite environment

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Mar 25 18:28:08 CET 2009

Edern Appéré wrote:
> we'd like to share news between two websites
> but the same news should have different start/stop dates depending on
> each website. We want to do this in order to avoid having to insert and
> type each news twice (and to avoid the risk of having one news
> up-to-date and not the other one if, for instance, we have to make some
> changes to it).

You can hook into selectConf (i think it's called so) and there modify the
executed SQL query based on your needs (e.g. if one site shows all news 1
day before the other one, set this in the tt_news plugin - if you want to
set specific dates for the sites, add fields to tt_news and add the conditions
for this field in the selectConf hook.

Sorry for the imprecise answer, I'm a bit in a hurry...

Steffen