[TYPO3-english] Share news in a multisite environment

Edern Appéré edern.appere at unistra.fr
Wed Mar 25 18:19:29 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I have a question about using tt_news in a multisite environment. We'd
like to share news between two websites running on a single Typo3
installation. This is easily possible with tt_news. What we'd like to do
is a little bit tricky : we'd like to share news between two websites
but the same news should have different start/stop dates depending on
each website. We want to do this in order to avoid having to insert and
type each news twice (and to avoid the risk of having one news
up-to-date and not the other one if, for instance, we have to make some
changes to it).
Do you know any way to do this ? We thought of an extension that might
already do this but haven't found. Maybe the solution is to do it by
ourselves but since we haven't created any extension, it seems pretty
difficult.

Thanks for your help.

Ed