[TYPO3-english] automaketemplate - able to insert subparts in header?

Adam Harvie aharvie at msf.ca
Mon Mar 23 17:23:09 CET 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a link to our RSS feed in the page header, but the
template parser extension isn't replacing the template tags -
###RSS_HEADER_LINK###, which I've put in our template html file is being
left in the output, with the default content from the html file inside,
rather than what I've specified in the TS.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does the template parser not allow custom
subpart markers for the page header? TS included below (I've omitted the
setup for the body tags, but they all work ok).

Thanks,
Adam

#TYPOSCRIPT SETUP BEGIN

#RSS links

#this one is what I want to appear in the page header
temp.rssHeaderLink = TEXT
temp.rssHeaderLink.value = <link rel="alternate"
type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS"
href="http://wwww.domain.com/path-to-news-page/?type=100" />

#this appears in the page body - works ok
temp.rssLink = TEXT
temp.rssLink.value = <a
href="http://wwww.domain.com/path-to-news-page/?type=100">RSS</a>

#set up the template parser

plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {

   content = FILE
     # template file:
   content.file = fileadmin/templates/internal/internal.html
   elements {
      BODY.all = 1
      BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY

      HEAD.all = 1
      HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER

      HEAD.rmTagSections = title
   }

   relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates/internal/

}

#get the main page content

temp.mainCont = CONTENT
temp.mainCont {
	table = tt_content
	select.orderBy = sorting
	select.where = colPos = 0
	select.languageField = sys_language_uid
}

#template object for page header
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE

temp.headTemplate {
     template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
     workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER

     #should be inserted here, but the tags are never removed/replaced
from the template file
     subparts.RSS_HEADER_LINK < temp.rssHeaderLink
}

# template object for body of page
temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {

     template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1

     workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

     subparts.PAGETITLE = TEXT
     subparts.PAGETITLE.field = title

     subparts.BANNER_CREDIT < temp.subTitle

     subparts.MAIN_MENU < temp.menu_1

     subparts.BOTTOM_NAV < temp.bottomNav

     subparts.LANGUAGE_MENU < temp.langMenu
     subparts.LANGUAGE_MENU_PIC < temp.langMenuPic

     subparts.SEARCH_FORM < temp.searchForm

     subparts.COUNTRY_MENU < temp.siteForm

     subparts.RSS_LINK < temp.rssLink
     subparts.RSS_LINK_PIC < temp.rssLinkPic

     subparts.PRINT_LINK < temp.printpage
     subparts.PRINT_LINK_PIC < temp.printpagepic

     subparts.EMAIL_LINK < temp.emaillink
     subparts.EMAIL_LINK_PIC <temp.emaillinkpic

     subparts.SEARCH_LINK < temp.searchLink
     subparts.SEARCH_LINK_PIC < temp.searchLinkPic

     subparts.SITEMAP_LINK < temp.sitemapLink
     subparts.SITEMAP_LINK_PIC < temp.sitemapLinkPic

     subparts.PAGE_CONTENT < styles.content.get
     #subparts.PAGE_CONTENT < temp.mainCont
     subparts.RIGHT_CONTENT < styles.content.getRight

     subparts.BANNER_IMAGE < lib.bannerimg
     #subparts.BANNER_IMAGE.wrap = <td colspan="15" height="200"
background=" | ">&nbsp;</td>
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.config.doctype = xhtml_trans

page.includeCSS.file1 = fileadmin/templates/news/style/news_style.css
page.includeCSS.file2 = fileadmin/templates/internal/style/main.css
page.includeCSS.file3 = fileadmin/templates/internal/style/print.css
page.10 < temp.headTemplate
page.20 < temp.mainTemplate
#this was the previous setting, trying the other way, but no difference
#page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate

#TYPOSCRIPT SETUP END