[TYPO3-english] realurl & multilanguage & external url

Simon Browning simon at stwdesign.com
Mon Mar 23 15:37:24 CET 2009

I have a multi-language site (english & french) running with realurl
well except for pages that are of type external_url.

For the external url pages, I've set them up as per my notes below.
English is the default language, French is the second language.  The
external url links for French work fine with realurl off, but when I
turn realurl on and try these pages I end up at at our 404 page.

Is there a better way, to do this ... or a way that I can make it work?

Thank you.

Simon

Adding French External URL Pages

1.  Duplicate the page (do not create a french language version of this
page)
2.  In the page properties of the original page, on the general tab, set
the page type to external url
3.  In the page properties of the original page, on the url tab, set the
url of the destination page (minus http)
4.  In the page properties of the original page, on the options tab, set
tick the box that says "Hide page if no translation for current language
exists"
5.  In the page properties of the duplicate page, on the general tab,
set the page type to external url
6.  In the page properties of the duplicated page, on the url tab, set
the url of the destination page (minus http)
6.  In the page properties of the duplicated page, on the options tab,
set tick the box that says "Hide default translation of page"
8.  On the duplicated page, in the Info View, create a French language
version of the page
9.  On the duplicated page, in the Info View, in the French section,
enter the French page title