[TYPO3-english] cooluri, tt_news and single news item

Jan Bednarik info at bednarik.org
Sun Mar 22 10:09:08 CET 2009

Hi,

> "With RealURL I DON'T have these pagebowser problem."

surprising. You need to remove pointer param from links to single view,
but keep for pagebrowser. AFAIK you cannot have such condition in
RealUrl. I am really curious how this can be solved with RealUrl.

> I found the following articles:
> http://www.tugle.de/know_how/typo3_tutorials/realurl_konfiguration_tt_news.html
> http://www.just4freaks.de/typo3/typo3-realurl-fur-tt_news-konfigurieren

The second one just links to the first one and the first one shows this:

'browse' => array(
array( 'GETvar' => 'tx_ttnews[pointer]', 'valueMap' => array('weiter' =>
'1','weiter' => '2',)),),

which probably means that all values of pointer param are translated to
"weiter". I really don't know how this can work. Well, there's a chance
it could work if you had another parameter that would distinct the pages
  (such as cHash). Example:

1: ...&pointer=1&cHash=foo
2: ...&pointer=2&cHash=bar

cHash removed:

1: .../weiter/
2: .../weiter/

- no way how to distinguish the two URLs

cHash kept:

1: .../weiter/foo
2: .../weiter/bar

this could work.

Unfortunately, the site has only 2 news and no pagebrowser, so it's hard
to say whether their configuration works.

> If I remove the parameter, I guess this will break the page browser.

OK, so you need to remove it just from links to single view. This cannot
be done with CoolUri (and I believe that neither with RealUrl). You have
to make tt_news not to add this param to single view links.

--
Jan Bednarik
www.bednarik.org - web about Typo3 in czech