[TYPO3-english] domain typo3.xx - what to do?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Wed Mar 18 21:58:21 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

What is your opinion of following:
I accidentally typed as an address www.typo3.fi and was redirected to a
finnish company's site which seems to have nothing to do with TYPO3.

Last autumn it was shortly discussed to make language-sites of TYPO3 but
the discussion ended into a something like a big on-going change or
re-arrange of the system (and sorry to say I haven't delivered in
videos, what I promised but I hope I will eventually...).

Anyway it would be nice to have the language domains somehow reserved
for the real thing. If not yet for the localized content anyway for the
true content in english. Not to some hazy company who just happened to
reserve the domain. So I think the domain typo3.fi should preferably be
redirected to typo3.com/org rather than to myvisio.com (?!?!?!)

At the time the brand TYPO3/domain is misused in Finland, what would be
the appropriate way to deal with this?

Please let me know where to go with this information, thank you.

regards,
Katja