[TYPO3-english] Securing RTE

Elijah Alcantara elijah.alcantara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:09:18 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a site with many users that use rte, tinymce. I've disabled the
'disable rte' checkbox but sometimes it worries me that tinymce doesn't
appear in some occasion... it must be a bug or I dunno.. now when this
happens the users are stuck with editing html, which is bad since not
only some users do not know html some that do may add some bad or
malicious code.

If the user decided to disable javascript, Typo3 won't even run right?
I'm looking for ways to get around disabling rte somehow - I can't allow
my users to add codes of their own.

Also is there a way to disable the rte options in user settings?

Any other ideas to secure my site?

Thanks for reading,
Elijah Alcantara
http://pinoguin.com