[TYPO3-english] Multible sites in TYPO3

Feodor Rykhtik feodor.rykhtik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:28:05 CET 2009

( Better : MultiPle sites in TYPO3 )

> This customer now wants additional sites (3-5), and I am not sure if the new
> sites should be implemented in the same installation of TYPO3.

To put all together is more easy - because You have all in one
installation - and You don't need to reconfigure all the extensions,
more simple to make system upgrade.

Just as TYPO3 dB-driven, logically, better to use independant
installation - to minimize the volume of tables. In this case, it will
be more and even if Your server is not overloaded, the time of page
generation will be more correct.

Probably, it will be less risky to - if developper or TYPO3-admin
makes some risky actions, like system/extensions upgrade, it will not
make all the projects in maintenance mode.

Regards,
Feo.