[TYPO3-english] What are the ways to reduce inodes/files/folders

elijah elijah.alcantara at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 05:34:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

Being on a non-dedicated server could be a problem and my host can only
allow me a limited number of inodes or they will shut down my sites.

What are the ways to lessen the files created by Typo3? I thought of
disabling the cache but then it may just slow down the site. The problem
  is that typo3 creates too many files and from a site that has many
users there is just too many inodes that backup isn't being allowed
anymore by my host.

What can I do? Is there an extension that can help? Is it possible to
move the temporary files and cache to the db instead? or is that a bad
idea?

Thanks for reading,
Elijah