[TYPO3-english] TMENU

Stefano Kowalke blueduck at gmx.net
Tue Jun 23 10:10:25 CEST 2009

Hi

> There's more than one possible direction for a solution to this
> problem, but it's not a TYPO3 problem until after you've decided how
> to solve it :)

There a often many ways to solve a problem ;-) but this is IMHO a TYPO3
problem because i using the TMENU which produces the CSS and HTML.
in other words: I already decided me for TMENU.

Let me explain my setup:

The editor marks a page as yellow, blue, whatever in the BE.
He/She do this in the page settings by the layout dropdown. I modify the
entry. Now the menu show the items
"yellow page"
"blue page"
"green page"
"red page"

In my TS i have a condition:
[globalVar = TSFE:page|layout = 0]
page.bodyTag = <body id="default">
[global]

[globalVar = TSFE:page|layout = 1]
page.bodyTag = <body id="yellow">
[global]

[globalVar = TSFE:page|layout = 2]
page.bodyTag = <body id="blue">
[global]

So a blue page have the ID "blue" in his body-tag. I need this for
page-wide css styling.

With the hint of itemArrayProcFunc in my mind i thinking about a
solution like this:

The PHP function ask (like the TS condition) the page layout and set the
ITEM_STATE of the TMENU.

Is this a possible way?

Stefano