[TYPO3-english] TMENU

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 07:43:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Stefano Kowalke<blueduck at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> my question is about a special TMENU setup.
>
> I have a page tree like this in the BE:
>
> root
>  1991
>    red
>    blue
>  1998
>    red
>    green
>    yellow
>  2000
>    blue
>    yellow
>  menu
>    home
>    about yellow pages
>    about red pages
>    about green pages
>    about blue pages
>
> lib.mainMenu = HMENU
> lib.mainMenu {
>  special = list
>  special.value  = ids_from_pages_under_menu_folder (home, about yellow
> pages, ...)
>
>  1 = TMENU
>  1 {
>    noBlur = 1
>
>    NO = 1
>    NO {
>    }
>
>    ACT < .NO
>    ACT {
>      ATagParams = class="current"
>    }
>
>    CUR < .NO
>    CUR {
>      ATagParams = class="current"
>    }
>  }
> }
>
> This generates a menu like this:
>    home
>    about yellow pages
>    about red pages
>    about green pages
>    about blue pages
>
> Now comes my question:
> If i navigate to a blue page the menu item
> "about blue pages" should be highlighted (add the css-class "current").
> But TYPO3 dont have a relation between the page "about blue pages" and
> all the blue pages in the pagetree.
>
> How could TYPO3 recognize the the blue pages relates to "about blue pages"?
>
> The pagetree structure is mandatory, so i can´t move all blue pages into
> "about blue pages".

There's more than one possible direction for a solution to this
problem, but it's not a TYPO3 problem until after you've decided how
to solve it :)

Confused yet? What I mean is that TYPO3 just produces HTML; it's up to
you to decide how this should best be done using HTML and CSS. After
that, we can advise you about the most efficient way to convince TMENU
to build the markup you need...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/