[TYPO3-english] Building a simple TYPO3 newsletter solution

Simon J simonj at removethis!mail.dk
Sat Jun 20 01:02:30 CEST 2009

Simon J skrev:
> Hi folks!
>
> This is not really a TYPO3-question, but then again maybe:
>
> I've developed a small easy-to-use newsletter module for TYPO3 for a
> client (who had difficulties using existing TYPO3 newsletter plugins),
> basically it just sends the TYPO3 page output to the subscribed mail
> receipients.
>
> It works great for recipients using Gmail, Hotmail and Mozilla
> Thunderbird. I know we can't expect to be able to deliver to all
> receipients, but especially Outlook 2007 seems to be very picky about
> the HTML content.
>
> Even on a freshly installed Outlook 2007 the newsletter ends up in the
> spam folder (on 2nd run.. On 1st run the newsletter went straight
> through, but I suspect the spam filter was not initialized correctly at
> that point).
>
> Anyone experienced the same? If so, what did you do to overcome the
> problem?
>
> Whats best?
> * Stripping all TYPO3-generated header content?
> * Use XHTML or HTML4?
> * Embedded or remotely loaded images?
>

> Have a great weekend,
> Simon

A friendly person sent me this via Twitter:
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/01/10/microsoft-breaks-html-email-rendering-in-outlook/

Seems to be the cause of my headache, so I guess it's time to go back to
plain old HTML