[TYPO3-english] Splitting one FCE in 2 FCE's

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Wed Jun 17 17:15:39 CEST 2009

Henjo Hoeksma
> Hi list,
>
> I have a request concerning a layout change for a website that requires
> to split up on FCE into 2 different FCE's.

please use templavoila group asking this templavoila issues

> Of course the current FCE is used numerous times.
>
> Is it possible to split that one element into 2 different elements
> without loss of data?

I don't think so - as normal content element you can use some plugin,
which split one content element into several pieces - I don't remember
any name and I don't have experience on those

> Since the content is connected to the FCE it contians the content and I
> am able to copy it and change it to the new DS. In that case I would
> have to manually go through all pages and do the copy-paste action.

use reference and you need to change only one content element