[TYPO3-english] Meta data (keyword, description etc) recursive?

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 12:31:24 CEST 2009

> I disagree: Search engines look for meening, not just words. So if words are
> copied it sends signal that all pages are alike. Which they are not on your
> site - I guess?

But surely some information there is better than none!? Even if the
keywords are repeated it still provides information and therefore
context and meaning of the site, no?

> Perhaps search engines still lack competence in discovering
> "meaninglessness" but they get better and better. Therefor - to be ready for
> the future - don´t make "bad content" (which duplicated content is).
+1

> BTW - keywords are - as far as I know - not values or used by Google. In
> IMHO it´s not worth the work of creating and updating them.

My understanding is that they don't get used by google, but it still
likes to see them there, and  gives you a checkmark for having them - if
that makes sense. Apparently it all contributes to having well formed
pages, etc.

Google... the mystery machine! ;-)