[TYPO3-english] sr_feuser_register with useEmailAsUsername = 1, How to keep the username?

Thomas Meixner tmeixner at avecstyle.ca
Fri Jun 5 17:04:11 CEST 2009

All I had to do was to change one variable in
typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_fe.php

// Column for login-name
	var $username_column = 'username';

change that to email and it authenticates against the users email address.

Would be nice to be able to set this directly in the install tool or via
TS instead of hacking the core but it seems to work fine.

Thomas