[TYPO3-english] Oracle & Typo3 + TV

Marek Bednar marek at lwmn.net
Wed Jul 29 08:02:41 CEST 2009

I'd like to say just my two cents.. As Jigal already mentioned, and agreeing
with him, we need to meet deadline. I am sure that my mother company will
try to contact the developers and will try to hire them for a bit, to make
Oracle run fine with desired exts, and will share it back to community.

But let me explain the (maybe a bit of) hypo regarding Oracle. Large
companies simply sometimes do not accept MySQL, since they are running
Oracle and they insist on it. If we want to meet their requirements and get
a job, we simply must try. I wonder myself as well, what are the future
plans of Typo3 development regarding its native or unnative database system.
I'd vote surely for such solution, that enables different SQL servers, with
an option to use specialities of particular SQL server as well. Such
solution though requires pretty smart db layering. Does typo3 team plan such
a thing?

regards,

Marek