[TYPO3-english] HMENU as if on other page

Jonathan Hartshorn jonaboff91 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:28:54 CEST 2009

2009/7/22 Tyler Kraft <tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk>:
> In this case it's what I was trying to achieve, just not how I wanted to
> do it originally. In my case it'll lead to many more cached pages of the
> same event when it is displayed. I also worry about what it will do to
> the index search results.

Tyler,

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way trying to be argumentative!

You may be right that indexed search may be affected, I wouldn't know
without testing it. If the menus are different, however, each event
would have to be cached multiple times anyway; once for each different
menu branch.

possible to simply change the internal Pages UID before the FE
generates the form, with only minimal code changes? Could this even be
done in the template? I'm not very experienced in typo3, but I would
guess it is possible, somehow. Incase I haven't made my idea clear,
could you perhaps generate the extension content based on the actual
value of $_GET['id'] passed in the url, and then assign a new value to
$_GET['id'] based on the additional variable also passed in the URL by
your list page, and only then generate your menu?

--Jonathan