[TYPO3-english] Hard code or include text elements

Rene Gulager rgl at samf.aau.dk
Thu Jul 16 09:28:20 CEST 2009

Michael Lykke wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My first post here - kind of new to Typo3 so forgive me for asking a
> question that might seem easy for you all.
>
> I want to include a footer on my page, but I'd like to be able to edit
> it along the way, so I'd rather not hard code it into my template
> file(s). Do I include some text elements in a specific folder? Or is it
> TypoScript?
>
> I'm using 4.2.8 and TemplaVoila - I mapped a div (id="footercontents1")
> to a TypoScript object path and thought I'd be able to get it working
> that way round but got stuck around there...
>
> Please, answers that a newbie can understand
>
> Thanks, Michael

Hi

I have always used a text file, but have started to use normal content
elements instead

lib.footer = RECORDS
lib.footer {
    tables = tt_content
    source = 78
    dontCheckPid = 1
}

I make a normal page, not in menu, and place the footer text as an
normal textelement on the page. Then i just change the source to match
the UID of the element.

The benefit of this, is that it is easy for editors to change the
content of the element.

---
Rene Gulager
renegulager.dk