[TYPO3-english] Hard code or include text elements

Michael Lykke lykke at hujelauget.dk
Thu Jul 16 01:04:41 CEST 2009

Hi all

My first post here - kind of new to Typo3 so forgive me for asking a
question that might seem easy for you all.

I want to include a footer on my page, but I'd like to be able to edit
it along the way, so I'd rather not hard code it into my template
file(s). Do I include some text elements in a specific folder? Or is it
TypoScript?

I'm using 4.2.8 and TemplaVoila - I mapped a div (id="footercontents1")
to a TypoScript object path and thought I'd be able to get it working
that way round but got stuck around there...

Please, answers that a newbie can understand

Thanks, Michael