[TYPO3-english] download fresh extension list per cli

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jul 10 09:47:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

> my goal is to have the extension list updated every 12hrs regardless of
> me being logged in.
>
> two questions appear:
>
> 1) are there security issues with that approach? (cli -> tools access !=
> cli -> admin)

I don't think so as long as you don't update the extensions themselves
automatically.

> 2) is there some way to implement it? (maybe tx_gabriel could come in
> handy there)

I definitively would do something with gabriel, or better its
integration in core with name scheduler.

> how should a trigger like that look like?

I don't know how to trigger the update itself but if you read code from
EM and see what the click on the update button does, you should be able
to call it from "outside", namely from your ext. Your ext would then be
called every x hours depending on how you registered it in scheduler.

The scheduler itself requires 1 cron job entry and that's it for all
extensions relying on it.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers