[TYPO3-english] Export / Import issues

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Fri Jul 3 08:46:32 CEST 2009

Hi André,

André L. Keidser wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to export parts of a site but get (v 4.1.5):
>>> *Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
>>> (tried to allocate 15728650 bytes) in
>>> */var/www/typo3_src-4.1.5/typo3/sysext/impexp/class.tx_impexp.php* on
>>> line *1000*
>>>
>>> And when i try to import to new site (v 4.2):
>>> *Fatal error*: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted
>>> (tried to allocate 2097152 bytes) in
>>> */var/www/vhosts/de-1579.d.ipeer.se/httpdocs/cms_club/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php*
>>> on line *2353
>>>
>>> *Some kind of memory limit? I tried to raise mem limit in php.ini to
>>> 1000M, but nothing changes. So i guess this limit is set somewhere else?
>>>
>>> It would make my day and week if someone have a solution on thins!
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> /Daniel
>>
>> Double-check if you have changed the right php.ini file, e.g. with
>> phpinfo().
>>

> I'm working on the same problem as Daniel and yes the right php.ini has
> been changed.  Both php.ini and typo3 says that the mem limit is 1000m
> but when we try to export the 15 mb file the error msgs above keep on
> poping up. Shall a 15 mb file really exced 256mb when exporting?
> Any one here that have encouter the same problem?

Although TYPO3 comes with the phpinfo() function in the INSTALL tool.
Have you created a file with only the phpinfo() function call?

And what is the memory_limit in there?

Has the webserver been restarted after changing the php.ini file? Not
sure if it is necessary, but I do remember vaguely that without a
restart the phpinfo() output stayed the same.

Gr. Mark